We welcome you to the Lila D. Bunch Library! We are here to support you in your teaching and research by providing comprehensive collections of resources, instruction for your students, and other services to support and enhance your work. Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. And stop by the library - we'd love to meet you!
The library's first floor and the second and third floor atriums are open 24 hours from Sunday at 1:00pm through Friday at 7:00pm.
The entire library is open:
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 11:00pm
Friday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm - 11:00pm
The Listening/Viewing Center closes at 10:00pm.
For exceptions and holiday hours, click here.
Got Full Text?
If the full-text isn't directly linked in the database you're searching, do not lose hope!
Click on the 360 Link icon and follow the directions to obtain the full text in another database, in the library, or via Interlibrary Loan.
Print reserve items are kept at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library. To place print items on reserve, please contact:
Media reserve items are kept at the service desk in the Listening/Viewing Center on the third floor of the library. To place media items on reserve, please contact:
McWhorter Information Literacy Classroom
The primary purpose of the McWhorter Information Literacy Classroom (MILC) is to provide students and faculty with interactive library instruction.
- These information literacy sessions take priority over all other uses of the classroom.
- The classroom may be scheduled by teaching faculty for single session, hands-on instruction when it is not being used for library instruction. No semester-long classes will be scheduled in the classroom. All non-library instruction requests will be considered no more than one week in advance. To schedule the MILC, contact Judy Williams ( email or 460-6610).
- An instructor must be present at all times.
- Students may use the computers in the classroom for research purposes when there is nothing scheduled in the room. The weekly schedule will be posted on Monday morning. A valid Belmont ID is required to enter.
The MILC is equipped with:
- InterWrite Board (Smartboard) - this is not a whiteboard
- Data Projector
- Teacher station with computer
- DVD/VHS player
- 30 user stations equipped with Microsoft Office, internet access, and selected software
Research and Instruction Librarian
Human Search Engine