Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome First Year Writing students!
To complete this module you need to:
1. Watch the "Picking Your Topic" video (3 minutes)
2. Watch the "Perfect Source" video (2 minutes)
3. Complete the LibWizard tutorial (6 minutes)
After completing this module you will be able to:
- brainstorm relevant keywords/search terms
- identify subject headings and incorporate them into searches
- use database limiters to add filters and refine search results
- create effective searches in library databases
#1 - Picking Your Topic IS Research!
#3 - Using Library Databases Tutorial
Finally, please complete the Using Library Databases LibWizard by clicking on the image above.
LibWizard is an interactive tutorial that will appear on the left side of your browser. It will walk you through the process of searching a database while the webpage is still active.
One Last Thing
This box is for after your in-class library session.